Roberto-De-LucaRoberto-De-Luca

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats 4 Fans

All 11 art Reviews

Iron Marshal Character Design Iron Marshal Character Design

Wonderfull! I really love your style, the pose the details and the colour! Maybe the shoulders are just a little bit dislocated; the arms could be moved a bit. I'll send you an image with some quick corrections in photoshop to show you how I'd do, cause these are the kind of "good" criticism that I hear a lot from noted comic artists at conventions when I show them my stuff. However, It's clear you know your stuff (probably better than me ^_^) and right now I'm just nitpicking so five stars are well earned for me. Great work!

alejandroartworks responds:

Hey man you are absolutely right!
Sorry for the late reply dude but ive been off lately.

Harry Potter & The Lecture of The Visiting Scholars Harry Potter & The Lecture of The Visiting Scholars

Congratulation! It's a very difficult illustration to deal with it! I especially like the colours! And using watercolour into an environment scene like should have been very time-consuming! I've got nothing to say about the colour, I like it very much and the drawing is nice too. If can I give you any suggestion to improve I would say to learn to be more accurate with the perspective, especially in the curved lines (I struggle with it myself) and a tip that was given to me by a comic artist that improved a lot my drawing was avoiding central perspective and symmetry in composition; it feel artificial and a bit "boring". Another thing you could do to improved your composition is using more overlaps, they make the pace deeper (see how nice is that table that covers the feet of the age to the left? It makes really clear that the wizard is behind the table and that create deep and make the scene more interesting, use this technique more!). If You are a little confuse, don't worry they're are some advanced tips that I've fully understood quite recently so there's not need to rush! But I hope that they could help you to improve faster than me! ^_^" You're very talented, keep going! :D

lynxus responds:

Thank you very much. I do appreciate the tips and will attempt to incorporate them into future works :D

Ayr Byrd Ayr Byrd

I love the character and the colour palette. The outcome it's very professional!

jouste responds:

hey thanks! I always strive for that!

*highfives*

First try at cartoon - Myself First try at cartoon - Myself

Not bad! :) just a tip since is your first trial with the cartoonist style: Don't be afraid! Jump into it, don't be shy, break the rules, exaggerate, experiment until you find what suit best for you. Don't stay too close to the realistic style, even it's the style that you're more familiar with. Go nuts! :D Then, eventually, if you're looking for a semi-realistic cartoonist style, find the right compromise, but not before having understood both the realistic AND the cartoonish style. However, really nice drawing, great colouring and I particularly love how you have rendered the hair!

No capes! No capes!

Great work with those pencils!! Beautiful colouring and gorgeous colouring! If I were you, I would adjust the photo a little bit so that the border of the sketchbook doesn't disturb the composition, but maybe it's just me. Great Job!

just a guy just a guy

Really interesting style, simple and clean (like the kingdom hearts song lol). Just a little advice. I think that with this kind of cartoonish style adding more variation in the weight of the lines could really make it pop up better. Chose a light source and try to weigh more the lines on the opposite side. Great Job! You're doing well! ;D

FScomiX responds:

Thanks for the tip! And your right I have trouble with line variation!

Character Development ::: Tarah Character Development ::: Tarah

Wow! I can't tell if I like more the concept, the style or the colour! Great job even the background feet very well! You're very good!

alejandroartworks responds:

Hey man, Thanks for your kind review! So glad you like it! :3

TALETELLERS contest Stan lee TALETELLERS contest Stan lee

This is really good and interesting!! I particularly love the concept, the composition, the ambition and the way you have characterized every character in a unique way. Good Job! (and on a very hard illustration!)

FScomiX responds:

Thank you for taking the time review it, I really appreciate it!-FScomiX

team. team.

WoW! this is beautiful! Congratulation! May I pass you an advice that the great marvel colorist Andres Mossa gave to me when he saw a couple of page of my portfolio? In comics and illustration legibility is key! Make sure to make your characters pop-up more than the environment (unless the environment is more important then the characters in the scene).
Here you've used a realistic atmosphere with characters that blends in the sandstorm, wich is good in a pseudo-realistic rapresentation but it's not really the best in an illustration for a comic. The color of the character are too similar to the color of the background at the point that it make hard destinguish their silhouette, expecialy those in front of the wals. If you have a good flatter layer separate from the rest you can correct this very easily, you don't need to recolour anything, you should just changing a bit tone and satuaration of the characters and it will be perfect.
Don't get me wrong, I love this, expecially the color of the background and the dept you were able to give to it (I'm not sure if I'd be able to do the same as well, in fact I think I would use your image as a reference to improve my own backgrounds XD) It's just a "critic" that I listen every time from professional people and so I though "better reveinving it from a stranger now that from an editor then".
But again, great work! (and forgive my english)

neviens responds:

Thank you. :)

I appreciate your advice.
This kind of comments is exactly what I need.
They are very helpful. ;)

Thx. :))

Shadow Knight and Lampy (Hero and Pet December Art Challenge) Shadow Knight and Lampy (Hero and Pet December Art Challenge)

Really good! expecially the dinamic pose and the weel executed foreshorting. Just an advice, If I were you, I would decrease the image size a bit before posting it on line. If it's too heavy many users would may not be able to load the page if they have a bad connection or a slow computer; other could get bored by the time that the image takes to load and turn back on the previous page. A trick that I've learn from the corse for web designer: When you finish the image on photoshop, go to file, export for web, and put the size that you need. Your pihotoshop file will mantein his original size (if you need to change something), but the exported image will have the size that you need. In short, is a non destructive way to optimise your images for the web.

321PieTime responds:

What size do you recommend? I never had much of an idea of the canvas size but doing it too small would make the line art too heavy.